Monday, April 28, 2008

Wild Border!

In response to Serge Dedina's blog on Cafe San Diego (Voice of San Diego),
I wrote on April 17, 2008 4:24 PM:

"As a young boy, in 1968, I visited the Berlin wall. I was fascinated that such a structure would be built by humans, to cage in other humans. To this day, I still cannot fathom it. But I saw it with my own eyes. 40 years later I am seeing it again. Where is my country? What has happened to us? Mr. Bush, "Tear down that wall." The cost in human lives, the irreparable damage to our ecosystems, and the loss of integrity of our federal wilderness system at Jacumba Wilderness and Otay Mtn Wilderness, demonstrate a serious degradation of our country's values. Shame on us. Kudos to Serge at WildCoast for highlighting this important issue. Let's keep our border wild. WildBorder!!! Geoffrey Smith"

No comments:

Post a Comment